Case study - Energy efficiency - Bulmetal Ltd.
Bulmetal JSC produces a wide range of light metal containers primarily for the food and chemical industries. Bulmetal was founded in 1995 and is located in Gurkovo, Bulgaria. The firm invested in a complex set of energy efficiency measures using BEERECL funds.
- Total Project Cost : EUR 367,500
- KIDSF Grant : EUR 55,000
- Loan : EUR 367,500
- Simple Payback Period : 4.4 years
- Internal Rate of Return : over 28%
Estimated Annual Figures
- Energy Cost Saving : EUR 63,000
- Reduced Energy Costs by % : 44%
- Operation and Maintenance cost savings : EUR 21,000
- Total Cash Savings : EUR 84,000
- Improved the comfort of the buildings
- Reduced space heating and cooling costs
- Increased reliability of the plant vehicles
- Reduced O&M costs